Ghanaian Afropop and Afrobeat singer, Wendy Addo, known by the mononym Wendy Shay has been sacked as an Ambassador of Youth Employment Agency (YEA), MyNewsGh.com has confirmed.
The singer made several headlines last week during a visit
to Former President John Agyekum Kufuor by Ambassadors of the organization to
solicit his support for a project.
An image of the singer and the former president went viral
on social media attracting wild criticisms from a section of the public in view
of the gaze of Mr. Kufuor who was seated close.
Subsequently, a release from the YEA announcing who their ambassadors
were had Wendy Shay’s name conspicuously missing.
The statement reads in part “Below are a list of Ambassadors
currently engaged by the Agency:
1. Kwabena Anokye Adisi, Journalist/ CEO, EIB Group / Start
2. Bryan Amoateng, Pastor, Author, Life Coach, Entrepreneur,
Founder, International Youth Empowerment Summit (IYES), President, Bryan Jones
3. Jackie Appiah, Award winning actress, Entrepreneur
4. Bibi Bright, Actress, Entrepreneur, Humanitarian
5. Emelia Brobbey, Actress, Trained Teacher and Journalist
6. Rebecca Donkor , CEO MakeUp Ghana, Start Up Consultant,
Founder/CEO Healthcare Management
Also we have prominent people in society ranging from top
ranking public officials, Members of Parliament, Business Executives, Chiefs,
Religious leaders etc who have endorsed our initiatives and have indicated
their readiness and availability to act as advisors to the projects the Agency
Notable among these prominent individuals are:
1. Dr Kwabena Donkor, Former Minister for Power and MP for
Pru East Constituency.
2. Catherine Abelema Afeku, Minister and Member of
Parliament and an astute Marketer.
3. Nana Osei Bonsu, President of Private Enterprises
Federation (PEF Ghana).
4. Mr Seth Twum Akwaboah, President of the Association of
Ghana Industries (AGI).
These dignified individuals as well as a host of others including CEOs in the Banking and Telecommunication Sector are all ready and available to lend their support to the Agency when called upon.
Also READ: Stonebwoy, Shatta Wale not handled like I was after displaying my small manhood – Wisa Greid
It is unclear if the sack of the musician was linked to her
conduct at the home of the former President but sources at the YEA confided in
this portal they are monitoring her to ascertain if she is indeed prepared to
serve the purpose of the organization.